Sunday, November 23, 2003

Like drinking blood, only it tastes worse

This new beverage brand, Pom Wonderful, has been advertising like crazy on the subways here in New York, and Entertainment Weekly recently listed pomegranate juice as a new "in" thing. I'm always up for trying new foods, and I'm a sucker for well-designed packaging, so when I saw Pom in the supermarket yesterday I eagerly grabbed one of the sexy bulbous bottles.

When I got to the register, I was appalled to discover that it costs five dollars. For a bottle of juice? I go to bars where the drinks don't cost that much.

I was further appalled when I read the label (granted, something I should have done before purchase) and saw that the stuff has 37 grams of carbs, of which 31 are sugar. Oh, and there are "2 servings" per bottle.

The final insult, of course, was that it tasted like absolute ASS.

No comments: