Friday, December 05, 2003

The Karma Wheel has turned

So, remember the Amazon order that arrived even though it had supposedly never shipped? Well, I got it today. Again. Only as far as Amazon is concerned it was only the first time. Since I called them when I got the first shipment (for those of you just joining us, it was invoiced as complete but was actually missing one CD, and this somehow tricked Amazon's computers into thinking the whole thing hadn't gone out at all) and explained exactly what was going on, and they didn't fix the error when they had the chance, I feel absolutely no guilt or responsibility about keeping the duplicate items. They had ample opportunity to fix the mistake (it took over two weeks for the second box to ship) and didn't do it, why should I have to deal with the hassle and expense of sending it back to them? Especially given all the issues I've had with them lately.

So as I see it, this is my just reward for all the bullshit with Amazon and UPS this fall; the scales are balanced and everybody's happy. And I've got some good Christanukah presents to give out.

No comments: