Tuesday, January 13, 2004

fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck

For some reason, in the last couple of weeks I've been getting emails from the Christian Family Coalition. I can't imagine what mailing list I could possibly be on that they would have purchased (I have a couple of free accounts I use when I'm required to give a legit email address out but don't want to, and that's what I used on that gay marriage survey) but I'm kind of enjoying the irony. I'd like to e-mail them back and say, "I'm Jewish, gay, and a registered Democrat, you idiots! I'm what you're fighting against!" but if I did that, I wouldn't get vastly entertaining e-mails like this one:

We told you what was coming, and we were right. Wednesday night on the 2003 Billboard Music Awards, Fox allowed the use of the "F" word and two uses of "cow sh-t."

Nicole Richey, talking with Paris Hilton, said: "Yea, instead of standing in mud and cow---t. Why do they even call it the simple life? Have you ever tried to get cow sh-t out of a Prada purse? It's not that fu--ing simple."

The FCC's Stand? Basically: We have already ruled, earlier this year, that it is ok to use the "F" word anytime day or night except in sexual situations. (But expect FCC's ok for that soon.)

The only way the FCC commissioners will change their ruling is by letting them and others know that you want the filth gates closed! Now! Today! Send the email. Then forward this to others.

It is time to take a stand for the future of our children.


This is the funniest thing I've seen all month. I noticed right away that they misspelled Richie. I plan to start working the term "filth gates" into my daily conversation. Can someone show me where in the Gospels Jesus says, "Thou shalt not say Fuck?" I mean, I just feel like the Christian Family Coalition has bigger fish to fry. Perhaps if they spent some more time monitoring what their children are watching instead of monitoring the FCC, they wouldn't have to worry so much about my filth gates. It's a pretty safe bet that there won't be any bad words on 7th Heaven, and that there will be on The Simple Life. It's called a TV Guide, look into it.

Meanwhile, I'd like to petition Fox to start saying "fuck" more, and to have a hot sex scene between Seth and Ryan on The OC.

No comments: