Monday, January 05, 2004

Good News!

I've alluded to this a couple of times over the last couple of weeks, but the big news in my world is that I've got a new job! A "real" job, in my terms -- I'm the production stage manager for a new Off-Broadway play. I've been doing some work on it off and on for a couple of weeks, mostly phone calls, e-mails and paperwork galore, and rehearsals start this week. I've worked with a couple of the people involved before, and the ones I don't know are already proving to be interesting.

I won't give you any more details here, as blogging about a show I'm working on could get me in all kinds of professional trouble if someone happens to find it. Besides, the less I tell you about it know, the more safely I can (namelessly) write about it later if any really worthwhile stories happen.

So I'm psyched. As you know, it's been a very long time since I've had a full-time job that pays a livable wage. I'm hoping it lasts a while, but even if it doesn't, it gets me out of the temp doldrums and earns weeks towards my healthcare for at least a couple of months. It may cut into on my blogging a bit, but I think the world will survive.

No comments: