Tuesday, January 20, 2004

My Pretty Blonde Moronic Fiancee

Since I wasn't really paying much attention to it last night, I missed a major point about MBFOF: "The Bride" (I love calling her that, because I imagine her lying in a pool of blood like Uma Thurman) signed up for the show without knowing the premise at all. This makes me feel a little better about her lying to her family, because she must have signed a contract before knowing what the show was about, and breaking the contract probably carries a monetary penalty much larger than the promised prize.

On the other hand, this makes me feel much worse about this woman being a complete idiot, because she must have signed a contract before knowing what the show was about. I mean, they could have made her do anything. She really kinda got off easy. How big a famewhore do you have to be to sign your life away to Fox of all places?

I recently read about a British show called There's Something About Mary in which six guys woo a woman Bachelorette-style. The final twist: Mary is a pre-op transsexual. Time Out called it Joe Vagina. Apparently, all the men are suing.

This is a show that needs to be imported, but that's not my point. My point is that with the stuff that goes on on these shows, anyone dumb enough to sign on to a "reality" show without knowing anything about it deserves whatever she gets. And her family would have had to at least sign release forms too, so I can't have much sympathy for them either.

And no, I'm still not gonna watch it. Really. I swear.

No comments: