Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Eat Huh? (Gripe of the Week)

I don't understand Subway. The fast food chain, not the mass transit method. They have these pictures of everything on the wall, and they've got this whole Atkins-Friendly campaign going on right now, with nutritional information posted everywhere, yet no one who works there seems to know what goes in anything. I ordered one of those wraps today, and when the guy asked me what I wanted in it I said, "whatever is usually in it," which he apparently took to mean "everything." I didn't really mind when he went for the jalapeƱos and the pickles, but when he reached for the onions and the carrots -- which are NOT Atkins-Friendly in the least -- I became suspicious. I stopped him and asked him if all that stuff normally came with the Chicken-Bacon-Ranch and he said, "It's whatever you like." I resisted the urge to ask him which set of ingredients the posted nutrition facts applied to, and just told him I had enough veggies.

I can't help wondering how many people go to Subway and order their wraps with onions and croutons and honey mustard and think they're doing Atkins.

No comments: