Friday, April 09, 2004

Fresh Brush My Ass (Gripe of the Week)

So I picked up this thing at the grocery store called a Fresh Brush. It's a plastic handle with a claw on the end of it, and these little cleaning pads with "Scrubbing Bubbles built right in!" that you stick into the claw. You clean your toilet with it, and then push a button to open the claw, and flush the biodegradable pad away. They claim it's a less germy alternative to a traditional toilet brush, and since I'm always at a loss for what to do after you clean the toilet (rinse the brush off in the tub faucet? then you have to clean the tub!), and I have a thing for vaguely sinister household products, I thought it would be a good idea.

Okay, first of all, the "brush" is this weird, floppy little thing (it's pretty much made of toilet paper), and since the animated bubbles with the creepy eyes don't actually pop out of it and clean my bathroom for me, it's pretty hard to scrub anything effectively. Secondly, the floppy pad is about two inches top-to-bottom, and the water in my toilet is, as I imagine it is in most everyone's, deeper than that. So the handle and the claw get submerged anyway and doesn't that defeat the purpose? I've still got a germy, toilet-water-dipped handle hanging out in my bathroom, so what was wrong with my $2 brush from Ikea?

I suppose, in the end, I should just be happy that I cleaned....

No comments: