Wednesday, April 28, 2004

It's bad enough I'm deaf, do they want me blind too??

Okay, what is up with the lighting on American Idol?? I know no one's watching for stellar design in any department, but I'm getting annoyed with the way you can't actually see the contestants at all half the time. There are ten or twenty instruments (including the ones on the bottom of the video screen) focused downstage at any given moment, and it looks like they have a filter on the camera lens to make the lights flare. So, for example, last night when LaToya was dancing her little heart out (to the detriment of her singing, unfortunately), most of the time my screen was just completely white. I mean, what's the point? Considering how much money they must spend on their lighting package, you'd think they'd use it to actually, I don't know, light the people onstage?

No comments: