Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Behold the Power of the Kitten

Okay, I admit it. I am absolutely, positively one of those pet owners. So I get it now, Faustus and David. Not that Radish will be blogging for me anytime soon (though the day he so friendly explored the desk happy, he did manage to walk across the keyboard in just such a way to send an instant message along the lines of "wrh55555555"), but we do spoil him rotten (I can't walk by a pet store without going in and looking at toys now) and it's only been a week. I will talk about him and show his picture to anyone and everyone I see, and refer to him as "our baby." Within ten minutes of having him at home I already had a screen saver set up (ah, the joys of iPhoto and a digital camera!). I will punch anyone who doesn't agree that he is the cutest and most well-behaved kitten ever in the history of kitten-kind.

I'm not sure how I thought I could get a cat (especially one as perfect as Radish) and somehow avoid becoming one of those pet owners. I clearly hadn't thought it through. No matter. I am completely under Radish's control, with no regrets. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have this sudden uncontrollable urge to play with string....

No comments: