Sunday, October 17, 2004

Ouch

I went to the gym yesterday for the first time in about two months, and today I stayed home but did 8-Minute Abs, Arms and Legs. I think my limbs might fall off. But that's good, right? Of course right.

In the last few weeks several people have told me I look like I've lost weight. Of course, none of these people have seen me naked. I suppose it's possible that stress and exhaustion have actually made my face look thinner, but I certainly don't feel in shape. The scale is packed somewhere, so I can't really check anything other than how I look and feel. I'm tempted to Atkins for a couple of weeks, but I don't really want to bother, and with most of my kitchen stuff packed it would be a challenge anyway. So instead I've decided to attempt a Week Without Desert (except maybe some fruit), and to attempt to work out every day.

Right after I made this decision, I went grocery shopping, and they had both of my favorite hard-to-find Ben and Jerry's flavors (Oatmeal Cookie Chunk and Uncanny Cashew). So I guess I'll start tomorrow.

No comments: