Sunday, October 10, 2004

People are even dumber than I thought!

I've been a little disappointed that my not-so-triumphant return to the world of Ticket Services has yielded little blog fodder. Yes, there are the daily conversations with idiots, but nothing really exceptional.

Until today, when one of my coworkers received the following call from a cell phone.

"Hi. Can't you guys open another window?"
"Excuse me?"
"There's a huge line down here."
"Really??" (The phone room is in a different part of the building from the box office proper, but being as small as we are the likelihood of there being a "huge line" at this theater is slim.)
"Yeah. There are all these people waiting to buy tickets to [Broadway Show Playing Next Door To Us] and I just want to pick up my tickets for [Our Show]."
"Okay, sir, you're in the wrong theater."
"No I'm not."
"Yes, sir, you must be at [Broadway Show Playing Next Door To Us] and this is a different venue. Go outside... Okay, now make a left... Do you see the steps there? And the glass doors...?"

It actually took her about five minutes to guide him the twenty feet down the block. People really never cease to amaze me.

No comments: