Friday, March 11, 2005

My cat hates me

I know how stupid it sounds to say I've been arguing with the cat, but that's exactly what's been going on. Radish has always had an aggressive streak, but it's always been cute and kittenish. He hunts, he gets playful, but we never feel like he's attacking us. We keep little spray bottles of water around the house to discourage him on those rare occasions when he goes too far and really gets one of us. We're pretty forgiving, since he's still under a year old and doesn't always get a ton of playtime.

But lately he's been leaping up and getting the exact same spot on the back of my right thigh, just above the knee, several times every morning and every night, usually right before or right after I go to bed, so I'm not wearing any pants. It's happened every day this week and it's starting to feel very calculated! Boy thinks it's just because I haven't been home much and Radish wants my attention, but he doesn't do it to Boy with anywhere near the consistency, so I'm beginning to think the cat may hate me. It's not like I've done anything but spoil him, but he really seems to have it in for me.

I know it's irrational, but this morning it made me very sad. I'm also fighting off a cold and can't believe it's fucking snowing again. So I'm in a crabby mood and that's why you're reading this instead of the funny post about lesbians I had planned for today.

No comments: