Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Splendidly Awful

In general, I'm a big fan of Splenda. Artifical sweetener that tastes more like real sugar and supposedly won't kill you, blah blah blah, it's all good.

But here's the thing: I like Diet Coke. My choice to drink Diet Coke has nothing to do with actually being on a diet, it's because I find regular cola far too sweet and syrupy, and there's something indescribable in the taste of Coke Classic in particular that just weirds me out, unless covered by large quantities of Jack Daniels. Diet Coke, however, in all its Nutrasweetened goodness, is light and bubbly and caffinated and makes me extremely happy.

So while the new Diet Coke with Splenda tastes uncannily like regular Coke, I beg the good people in Atlanta to make it only an addition to the product line and not a full time replacement, because I don't have space to hoard that much soda.

No comments: