Thursday, August 11, 2005

Buh-Bye (for now)

It makes me a little sad to say it, but I think Judgment Call may have run its course. I knew I wouldn't write much this summer because I was crazy busy, but I actually have started several posts (about not understanding what all the fuss is about Harry Potter, yet still continuing to read the books and watch the boring boring movies (yes, even the last one was boring) because I feel like I have to; about how Tiger is the shit; about how The Island does exist and its that thing on Ewan McGregor's head; about finally watching Pretty in Pink 20 years later and learning that, contrary to popular nerd belief, Duckie is a creepy obnoxious stalker and Blaine redeems his big mistake and is all sweet, so Claire totally made the right choice; about how turning 30 in place where about a third of the population hadn't been born when Thriller came out is acutely depressing; about Joel Grey singing "Wilkommen" with Kermit on The Muppet Show Season 1 DVD being both one of the coolest and one of the strangest things I've ever seen, and how covering the box in Kermit fur may not have been Disney's smartest marketing move ever) but haven't finished any of them. I've had games and movies and shows I've been meaning to review since the winter that I never got around to. I just haven't been all that interested lately.

Since readership here has never been terribly high, I've mostly been doing this to amuse myself (and you few lovely loyal readers), and right now it feels like more of an obligation than a fun hobby. It's been almost two years (and what a busy two years they were!) and that's an awfully long time for a whim. I'm not taking the site offline, and I may pop in again. I'm sure it won't be too long before I'm bored out of my skull at a temp job, or have an exceptionally cute picture of the kitten that must be shared with the world. But for now, well... buh-bye!

No comments: