Monday, January 16, 2006

Lv is a frce v ntrrrrr...

I know I said I wasn't going to write about Brokeback Mountain, but this is something I haven't really seen anyone else comment on. So am I the only one who wasn't that impressed with Heath Ledger. I'm not saying he was bad, or that I didn't enjoy him, but his performance seemed overly mannered to me. Like he wanted us all to know how hard he was ACTING. "Maybe keeping my teeth clenched for an entire movie qualifies as a character choice. Plus it'll take my mind off the fact that I'm kissing a boy." I spent the whole movie mentally screaming "Open your mouth, dammit!!" Then I started thinking about it from a practical standpoint and decided Jack Twist must have really been using that big combine to compensate for other things, if you know what I'm saying.

Heath's a good actor and it's a perfectly good performance, but I can't help wondering if he's getting all these accolades just for playing a homo. Is homo the new retard? (See also Philip Seymour Hoffman... though I haven't seen Capote, so that's not a comment on his performance.)


A friend sent me a link to this odd site of Bert from Sesame Street photoshopped into various movie posters and stills. I don't really get it (sorry), but I did find this one highly amusing:

No comments: