Thursday, April 13, 2006

Why do they taunt me???

041206_13341

The new Midtown Apple Store has been under construction forever. It's been buzzed and blogged about for at least a year now, and under construction for nearly as long. Everyone knows it's going to be under the plaza of the GM buliding, and inside that black box is a glass cube that will be the entrance. But the only official word on it from Apple is the job listings for store staff on their website, and they don't list start dates. I mean, it's not like I need to shop at Apple on a terribly regular basis, but every once in a while I have to go searching for, say, a new iPod remote and it would be so much more convenient than schlepping down to Soho. More to the point, they tend to give stuff away when they open new stores, and if it doesn't happen until I've left town for the summer I'm going to scream.

041206_13342

No comments: