Saturday, May 06, 2006

Fun With Signage

So I ducked into Barnes and Noble to pee, and in the rest room, I saw this:
050606_20321

Um... what would you like me to use the sink for then? At least the bottom part of the sign clarifies matters, but I would expect better in a place where they sell books, where you can practically smell the culture and learning in the aisles (though the rest room smelled distinctly like something else).

Then, after using the sink to wash my hands (which apparently is not personal hygiene), I turned around and saw this:
050606_20322

If there had been an employee around I might have walked to the dispenser and dried my hands in extreme slow motion just to be a bitch.

Then I realized how creepy it was to be using my camera phone in a public rest room - in Chelsea, no less - and fled.

No comments: