Saturday, May 20, 2006

Radish wants LASIK too...

100_0067.JPG
...but just so he can wear the cool glasses afterwards.

I woke up with surprisingly little discomfort from the contact lens (I was worried, since I know even people who've worn them for life tend not to enjoy sleeping in them!), went about my business for a few hours before getting in touch with and setting up a time to visit the doctor, who removed the contact, looked at my cornea and sent me on my way. My right eye is still a little hazy, but not in the same way it was last week, and I'm confident it's on the mend. I guess I'll be more confident in a week or so.

I wish it had all been as simple as promised, but it was totally worth it. I'm looking forward to continuing to check out the world without glasses. To those of you who are considering LASIK, I say do it if you can afford it. If you're freaked out about the process, well, you should be – but a few minutes of discomfort seems a small price to pay. The actual price, of course, is quite high, so find out what it gets you. In my case, it covers all follow-up care, including having to go back in yesterday. If I want to, I can even have the prescription fine-tuned with the laser. (Like, just if I'm not happy with it – I'd have to be really not happy to do it again!) Find a doctor you like. Get a recommendation from your current doctor or a friend who's done it. Make sure you trust him or her. Y'know, making a flap in your cornea. Don't scrimp.

I'll check in and let you know how I'm doing. But for now I'll move on to less icky topics. Without wearing glasses.

No comments: