Thursday, August 24, 2006

Easier to quote others than to write myself

Real post to come, but first a fun meme via melz3000 and mcm.

It's simple enough: Go to the Random Quotes Generator and share "the first five quotes that reflect your outlook on life."

Well, I'm not sure I found my outlook on life (in fact I think I'm a little more cheerful than this), but these are the first five that stood out to me as re-quote-worthy.


The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.
-Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love.
-Charles M. Schulz (1922 - 2000), Charlie Brown in "Peanuts"

Whatever God's dream about man may be, it seems certain it cannot come true unless man cooperates.
-Stella Terrill Mann

Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first woman she meets and then teams up with three complete strangers to kill again.
-Unknown, Marin County newspaper's TV listing for "The Wizard of Oz"

It is better to be quotable than to be honest.
-Tom Stoppard (1937 - )

No comments: