Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Soup's Off

After three blissful weeks away from any sort of gainful employment, I was supposed to go back to Foreign Law Firm yesterday. So naturally, I woke up with a terrible sore throat and called in sick. Look, if my body doesn't want to go to work so badly that it got sick, who am I to argue?

The cold has migrated north a bit, so that I no longer fear air conditioning and can muddle through work with DayQuil, so today's crisis is that I'm craving soup. I never crave soup. I'm mistrustful of soup. I'm not sure why I fear drinking my lunch, but I do. I mean, you never know what's going to be in soup, do you? I ordered chicken noodle at Pax once and it had like ten different vegetables in it. Potatoes! You know what I expect to find in chicken noodle soup? Chicken and noodles. And I don't think my hatred of celery is unusual (it's not like I'm some freak who hates chocolate), so why do people think it's okay to just stick little stealthy bits of celery in things? This goes for tuna salad too! Anyway, I went to check out the soups at Daily Soup and there was something called "chicken pot pie." Because eating a pot pie with a knife and fork takes too much effort? You need it mushed up in a bowl?

I ordered the chicken noodle but I haven't tried it yet. It's looking at me funny, like it's up to no good. Shifty, I tell you!

Maybe it's time to lay off the DayQuil.

No comments: