Thursday, November 02, 2006

Quick Crank

Sorry I've haven't posted in a while. The new job has been tiring me out with 10+ hour days. Not in a bad way – loving my job and most of my coworkers and there's an end in sight to the long hours – but in a when-I-come-home-I-just-want-to-have-a-glass-of-wine-and-pet-the-cat-and-the-boy-and-watch-an-hour-of-TV-and-go-to-bed-and-don't-even-think-about-blogging way. But I have time today for a brief inventory of crankiness....


It's only November 2nd, and I'm already sick of Christmas. Seriously, you guys, what the fuck? The stores are decorated, the commercials have started, and my mom asked for my wish list yesterday. I'm all about getting the shopping done early, but the holiday season isn't special if it lasts three months. Thanks, American Retailers!

Also, I'm sick of it being 70 degrees out. This is certainly not helping it feel at all like Chrismukah. It's not that I actually like the cold, it's just that it's autumn in New York and I'm ready for it. Thanks, American Polluters!

I'm sick of people who don't know how to use their computers. I'm not saying you should know how to fix your computer, or write elaborate formulas in Excel, but I'm surrounded by people barely know how to turn the thing on. And they have Macs! When I spend 2 grand on something, I take a few minutes to read the manual. Everyone should know how to adjust basic preferences, add a printer, burn a CD, and get on to an unprotected wireless signal. It's not that hard. Thanks, um, technologically inept people?

Sigh, even my ranting has lost steam. Thanks, really awesome but tiring job!