Sunday, February 09, 2014

Lemon Ginger Chicken

I made this deceptively simple recipe tonight and it instantly became one of my favorites.

The chicken was incredibly moist, and extremely lemony. It takes a while, but very little of that time is active. I don't have a fryer, so I just used a frying pan and turned the chicken pieces halfway through. Go make this.


To drink with dinner I made a Fernet My Heart in San Francisco from Nick at Chill the Glass. I've had a bunch of cocktail recipes piling up because I lacked ingredients, so the last time I was near the big fancy liquor store I bought some weird stuff. Like Fernet. A whole big bottle of Fernet, for a drink that calls for half an ounce. And made five spice syrup so I could have 1 1/2 tsp (I did halve that recipe). And: worth it. I'll definitely be using the rest of the Fernet and the syrup. And it paired perfectly with the chicken. 

Enjoy!

No comments: